Saturday, January 15, 2011

Iloilo Film Festival 2011

Friends in Iloilo, check this out...
Their advocacy is "Bringing Filipino Films to Filipinos". Hmm, if I were to be a pilosopo, I'd say that the most efficient way to bring Filipino films to Filipinos is through low-cost, but 100% legal,DVDs. 


Anyway, going back to the film festival. This is a truly interesting event. What I find truly worthwhile are those movies with the Director/Star in attendance + Q&A.


Last year, I was fortunate enough to have watched the movie Adela, with multi-awarded Director/Writer/Producer Adolfo Alix, Jr. and Living Legend Anita Linda in attendance. 


The Q&A session was an absolute blast! Both stars sincerely and brilliantly answered every question thrown at them. The questions came pouring in non-stop for over an hour... longer than the movie itself. For me, the face-to-face session added at least three layers of appreciation for the film.


I hope the Ilonggos would take full advantage of the opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment